Can Client Explorer Index Cantax 2010 & 2011 files?

Hello,

I am new to Profile and previously used Cantax. When trying to index my previous years' Cantax files in Client Explorer, I am able to index for years 2009 and back, but am unable to index years 2010 & 2011. This seems odd to me. The folder structure for 10 & 11 is exactly the same as the previous years. Has anyone successfully indexed Cantax files for 2010 or 2011? Does anyone have any idea why I am unable to do this?

Thanks in Advance!

Answer

Hi PBBF,

If the steps I have provided you is not successful please responde back, and I will do my best to troubleshoot other steps. Please forgive me if you have already tried my steps.

Here is what I understand from your question. You are having a problem with indexing 2010 & 2011 years into client explorer for Cantax clients to profile into the Client Explorer. You were able to index 2009 and later years in the client explorer.

Step 1:

Click the index button in the top right hand corner of the client explorer window.

Step 2:

Browse to the folder wher you keep your files. (you cannot rembver where your files are, you can index the entire hard drive. just enter C:\in the file folder field.

Step 3:

If you only want to find files for certain taxation years or returns or if you want to choose which competitior files are indexed, select "Select File Type". This expands the dialog box to allow you to include or exclude certain file types in the index.

Step 4:

Click "OK" to begin indexing your files. A status box will appear on the screen showing you the progress of the indexing.

Step 5:

Once Profile finishes creating the index, the status dialog bos will disappear and you will see client names on the tabg of the client explorer.

Remember Profile copies these files into the defaul folder specified under "OPTIONS> ENVIORMENT>FILES and updates the index to include the new files. So check your options.

Profile only adds a file to the list of clients when you create or open a file and then save it, so when you first open the client explorer, you will not see any client names or files listed. If you have exiting profile or competitior files, you must have profile scan your hard drive and create an index of them in the client explorer.

I hope this helps. Let me know if it has resolved your issue. Thanks MrsChaves
Was this answer helpful? Yes No

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to ProFile for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach: