Looking for what program discounters are using to write cheques and keep discounting information

Answer

Is there a reason why you aren't upgrading your computer to Windows 10?  I have a computer science degree and have serious concerns about running a tax business using an unsupported Windows version.
Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft so it won't take long for hackers to start taking advantage of unpatched security flaws in Windows 7.  As tax practitioners, I would recommend an upgrade to protect your client's data, especially their SIN numbers.  I just upgraded a Win7 computer to Win10 about two weeks ago for a local bingo hall and the free upgrade still worked.  Although Microsoft has stated that the free upgrade ended two years ago, they haven't cancelled the free upgrade so it still works. I know of other IT professionals who have also been successful doing the free upgrade. It's worth giving it a shot.  On a more technical side, I created a clone of the hard drive using Clonezilla before applying the Win10 update just in case there were issues.  The clone would allow me to restore the hard drive back to Win7 if Windows 10 didn't work out as expected.  If you are running older programs not supported by Win10 (ie:  an old Windows XP or Win95 program), there are tweaks in Win10 that allow you to tweak that specific program so that it bypasses the security measures and allows it to run in Win10. 

As for your question about Cheque writing programs for Discounters, I'm not a discounter, but I use Quickbooks and it has a cheque writing feature and can be used to track all your income/expenses/overages/shortages, etc.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to ProFile for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach: