Will CRA accept Will or Death Certificate "embedded" as PDF into deceased return? This would be faster than mailing the document and waiting for processing of T1013.

Answer

I believe when you are talking about embedding a pdf, you are referring to the HyperDocs feature in Profile.  These files do not get sent to CRA when Efiling.

There still may be a way to submit it electronically.  Though I have yet to try this without applying for a trust number, you can send the will and death certificate through represent a client.  Not sure how CRA will deal with it because in my experience the individual department and trust/estate department do not communicate or share info with each other very well.
To submit the documents through represent a client, follow these steps:
  1. Log In
  2. From the list on the left, click "Submit Documents"
  3. Select "T3 trust and estates" from the first list and "No" for the reference number and click next
  4. Select "Establish or support a trust or an estate (T3)" and click next
  5. Select "Send an application for a Trust Account Number (Form T3APP) and/or supporting legal documents and click next
  6. Type anything you want, choose the file, and click Attach file
  7. You can add further files (I believe up to a maximum of 10 with a size limit as well)

I would double check with CRA (1-800-959-8281) before trying this to make sure it will end up with the right people looking at it.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
2 additional answers

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to ProFile for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach: