Instant CRA assessments

The new CRA option to get instant CRA assessments and Notice of Assessment faster is going to cause me a lot of grief. Initially I was ticking the box on this option without having realized that only I, as the tax preparer, would get the NOA. That is causing a whole lot of extra work as clients are now phoning up complaining that they don`t have an NOA and have no way to pay their taxes before the due date. Is there any procedure for "unticking" this box for future years? I'm not prepared to become the intermediary for forwarding NOAs to clients because CRA wants to save a few bucks in postage.

Answer

Hey,

The proper way of using  instant CRA NOA is, once you tick it and submit the return.

Immediately print it and give one copy to your client.

Now for your problem.

Yes you will have to work little bit more but to make things easier for you, just let your clients know that they can access the Notice of Assessment online on CRA's website or just give a call to CRA to ask them to send them a paper mail(In case it's going to take longer, they can simply ask the balance owing and pay it).

For the clients who are unwilling to do it, than just print there NOA and forward it to them.   

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to ProFile for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach: