T183 PART G - DCN # is not being populated in Part G when file is being saved

Hello Everyone,

I have been preparing T1 for my clients and usually in Form T183 the DCN in Part G would be populated when the file was saved. The usual process until last year was to print out the T183 form with the DCN printed in the Part G section. Get the client signature keep one copy for yourself one for the client. And then E-FILE the T1 return.

I have read the online community forms and I have not been able to pin point the current procedure. My questions to fellow community members and the PROFILE TEAM..

1) Are we to wait for a new update to resolve this issue ?

2) Are we to E-FILE the return and then write the DCN # manually on the T183 Form ?

3) Is the DCN created by the PROFILE software on its own and then reported to CRA or CRA has provided an algorithm or clear instructions of how to create a DCN to all software making companies to follow ? 

4) Has anyone contacted CRA and received a clear answer or direction for what is the temporary fix for this issue ?

If I have to sit down and write DCN # manually for the clients then I am really not interested in the software. There are many software's out there which will definitely decrease my workload rather then increase it. All help in this matter posted over here will be greatly appreciated !! Any solutions or temporary fixes provided by the community will be edited and added below for all to read and follow.

Thank you !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have been reading up on the CRA website.

Please click on the link below

http://www.efile.cra.gc.ca/l-frmt183-eng.html

Part G – Document Control Number (DCN)

EFILE software generates a Document Control Number at the time a record is created. Record this DCN in Part G. In addition, for each EFILE web service return accepted, the system generates a confirmation number. This confirmation number should also be recorded in Part G of the form.

this clearly states that a DCN # should be recorded first before the T1 is submitted and then a confirmation number should also be recorded. Atleast one thing is clear that submitting a T1 and then manually writing the confirmation number on the T183 form is incorrect. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

Answer

1 person found this helpful

Any updates... Sorry for being impatient but I have impatient clients and I would rather change the software then loose my clients... I am going to give this until Friday... Thank you.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
2 additional answers

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to ProFile for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach: