Note: please review this article for batch EFILE of returns using Classic Database.
Select files for batch filing1. Set up a Client Explorer database in ProFile (related article: How to enable the Client Explorer database).
2. Select individual files to batch file and click the “Build EFILE…” option:
The EFILE Session window displays.
Transmitting batch file1. Confirm the correct files are present:
2. Press the “OK” button.
The returns transmits:
The confirmation message displays:
Printing transmission resultsProFile users can print a hardcopy of the EFILE session printout (a snapshot of the transmission results window) and/or the EFILE report (a detailed report of the transmission).
ProFile user can also save the EFILE session printout as a PDF file.
Printing EFILE session printout1. Click the “Print” button on the confirmation message; the “Print” window displays:
2. Click the “Print” button; a hardcopy of the EFILE session report prints to the default hardcopy printer.
Printing EFILE report1. Click the “OK” button on the confirmation message; the “EFILE Report” window displays:
2. Select the “Print Session Log” checkbox.
3. Click the “Print” button; a hardcopy of the EFILE report prints to the default hardcopy printer.
Creating PDF of EFILE session printout1. Click the “Print” button on the confirmation message; the “Print” window displays:
2. Select your PDF printing option (for example, “PDF Creator”) in the “Select Printer” section of the window.
3. Click the “Print” button; the “Save As” window displays:
4. Select the folder or location in which the PDF will save.
5. Designate a file name in the “File name:” field.
6. Select the option PDF Files (*.pdf) in the “Save as type:” field
7. Click the “Save” button; a PDF copy of the EFILE session printout saves to the designated folder or location.
Managing rejected batch filingsA rejected filing displays an error message in red text:
1. Review the EFILE errors.
2. Adjust the files in the batch or the EFILE settings as needed.
3. Retransmit the batch files.