During the tax season, ProFile is often updated with new information, tax rates, forms etc. It is important to keep your copy of ProFile up to date. The recommendation is to check at the very minimum, once a week. ProFile can be updated two different ways.
Note: an Internet connection is required to update ProFile.
Update ProFile Manually
1. Open ProFile.
2. Select the "Check for Updates" option under the "Online" drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
ProFile connects to the Internet to see if there are any available updates. If updates are available, you are prompted to download and install the newest update.
If no updates are available, you are using the latest version of ProFile.
Set ProFile to Update Automatically1. Open ProFile.
2. Select the "Environment..." option under the "Options" drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
The "Environment" window displays.
3. Select the "System" tab.
4. Identify the "Automatic Check for Updates" section in the window.
5. Place a checkmark in the "Enable automatic check for updates" option.
ProFile customers can select the following options:
- how often to check (at least every seven days is the minimum recommended time)
- what time to check for updates
- whether you would like to be notified before connecting to the Internet
- whether you would like to be notified before downloading an update to your system
ProFile will automatically check for, and apply, any updates that meet the set criteria.