Note: ensure the file is unlocked when printing.
By default, ProFile automatically selects the forms that will print.
To define a different selection of forms for each Print job:
Go to the Options menu and select Form Selection.
1. Click on a module tab to customize the print jobs for that module.
2. Choose one of the pre-defined print jobs from the Print Job drop-down list.
3. Under Form Selection Details, choose how many copies (sets) of your files you want to print. You can also archive or email the sets.
The print job can include up to five sets of forms. The first three boxes are for:
Your files (1),
The client (2), and
The CRA (3).
Use boxes 4 and 5 for any extra sets you want to print.
To select a print set, select the box (make it black).
To clear a set, deselect the box (make it white).
The rows at the top determine the formatting of the forms you include in the box below. For ProFile T2, you can create an RSI/Barcode form set. All modules include an alternate language option.
4. After choosing the number of copies to print, select other formatting options, including:
4 per page, or
Alternate language printing.
5. In the box at the bottom of the window, select the forms you want to print, and the number of copies of each.
6. Name your print sets in the Print Set Names area (at the bottom left corner of the dialog box). You can create different names for each of the five sets.
Hint: You can also set an option to merge print sets. Go to the File menu and select Print. In the Options area, select Merge print sets. ProFile then collates sets of the same name when you print multiple print jobs. For example, your CT23 print job may have a Client set, and your T2-only print job can also have a set called Client. Use Merge print jobs when you print both jobs in the same session. ProFile prints all the Client form copies together.
7. Choose which forms you print based on their set. For example, for ProFile T1 you may want to include the Keying Summary in the CRA set, but not in the set for your client or your office.
You can change the list two ways:
With the mouse, manually change the list by clicking on numbered form boxes.
With your keyboard, use the arrow keys to highlight a form name and press numbers 1 through 5 to select or clear the form selection checkbox.
Note: ProFile NEVER automatically selects forms to print (even if they do contain data in the client file). For this reason, you should always ensure that each print job reflects all the forms you want to print if they are used in a client file. If a particular form has no checkmark in any of the active set columns, it will not print.
8. The print sequence can be re-organized for the listed forms. Depending on preference, the form sequence may differ for each of the print jobs you use, simply click and drag the forms into the desired order.
ProFile selects a print job when a client data file meets the job condition. A condition is generally a comparison that uses a field code or alias to represent data from the client files.
9. The form list includes all the forms available in the selected print job. In each of the active Print set columns, you can select or remove the forms to customize each set.
10. Modify the print condition if you want ProFile to select the print job based on different client data. For example, you can use a Client status variable in the condition. So you might customize ProFile to print the T1 Review copy print job when the client status is In Preparer Review.
The condition would look like this: ClientStatus="In Preparer Review"
11. To print jobs for all clients, enter 1 in the Select this job when field. For print jobs that you never use, enter a 0. (You can also use 1 and 0 to arrange print jobs in the Print condition field in the Template Editor window.)
Warning: Make sure you understand how conditions work before you alter a default print job condition. Your change could cause ProFile to miss selecting a print job that is required for filing.
12. If a particular client file requires a different combination of forms, you can override your usual form selection. Go to the File menu and select Print. If you want to keep these selections, ProFile remembers them if you select the Keep selections checkbox.
Do not forget to save the Options Package - if applicable
Get in touch with other Accountants
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook