Running proreg is a common troubleshooting process in ProFile that can often resolve issues use may be experiencing.
There are two parts to running proreg:
1. Exit ProFile.
2. Right-click on the ProFile desktop icon and select the "Open file location" option.
The Windows Explorer opens.
3. Locate the file "proreg" in the folder.
4. Right-click on the "proreg" file and select the "Run as administrator" option.
The "ProFile Module Registration" window displays:
5. Click on the "Clear all" button; the "X" in the boxes clear.
Note: it may take several minutes for the boxes to clear.
6. If prompted with a message regarding "UAC", allow the access. This prompt is generated because of high security settings for User Account Control permissions. If not prompted, continue to the next step below.
7. Click the "Register all" button; the "X" in the boxes repopulates.
Note: it may take several minutes for the boxes to repopulate.
8. Locate the entry "gpshell.dll" from the list of boxes.
9. Uncheck the "gpshell.dll" box:
10. Close the "ProFile Module Registration" window.
Get in touch with other Accountants
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook